miércoles, septiembre 10, 2008

when nothing is left to offer, but the soul with all the heart


C. -...you wrote to me once, listing the four chief virtues: wisdom, justice, fortitude & temperance. as i read the list, i knew i had none of them, but i have other virtues, (...) but none of my virtues were on your list. even then it was as if you didn't want me (...) for you-.
M.A. - (...) you go too far-.
C. -...i searched the faces of the gods for ways to please you, to make you proud. one kind word. one full hugh where you pressed me to your chest & held me tight would have been like the sun on my heart for a thousand years. what is it in me you hate so much?. All I ever wanted was to live up to you (...)-. 
M.A. -...your fault (...) is my failure (...)- 
C. -...i would butcher the whole world if you would only have loved me...- 

* Gladiator. 2000.

No hay comentarios: